Arts Events in Melbourne September 13 – September 19
If you’re looking for something quaint to do this weekend, grab a suitcase and head along to Suitcase Rummage on Saturday September 14 at Northcote Uniting Church Hall. You can swap, haggle or bargain hunt for books, artwork, records, vintage clothing and handmade tidbits from 11am until 4pm.
Also on that day is Colourfest, Australia’s Multicultural Film Festival, which focuses exclusively on culturally diverse Australian stories. The one-day festival takes place at Loop Project Space and Bar in the city.
Want to learn more about the author-editor relationship? Professionals from Editors Victoria will be talking about the editorial process at their Working with an Editor session next Monday September 16. Non-Writers Victoria members will need to pay a $15 entry fee to attend.
Historian Sheila Fitzpatrick will discuss her memoir A Spy in the Archives, which is about how she was ‘outed’ as a spy in Soviet Russia, on Tuesday September 17 at Readings Carlton.
Aussie literary powerhouses David Malouf and Joan London will be talking about how Text Classics like Kenneth Mackenzie’s The Young Desire It fit into Australian culture on Thursday September 19 at Cinema Nova.
- RT @wheelercentre: Last week, Australia lost a formidable young literary talent. @adolfo_ae pays tribute to the spirit of Kat Muscat: http:… 1 year ago
- Enter the Richell Prize for Emerging Writers for a chance at $10,000 & a 12-month mentorship with @HachetteAus bit.ly/1AvpjzE #EWF15 1 year ago
- @karysrhiann Sorry for that, our mistake 1 year ago
- The Yen Short Story Competition is open for entries until July 28. The theme is 'spoon'. Amazing prizes to be won! bit.ly/1Kr1nxp 1 year ago
- RT @scribepub: The rumours are true. The @scribepub/@Express__Media Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers opens for entries next month! http:/… 1 year ago